- February 22 at Yalding Village Hall
The Yalding branch of the KBKA will be running a course for beginners over seven Friday evenings, starting on Feb 22nd. The cost is £75. All inquiries should be made, preferably by email, to...
- February 23 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm at Unit 42, City Business Centre, Lower Road, Canada Water. London SE16 2XB
Sidcup branch’s Beginners’ course was developed by Rudy Repka who has delivered it for many years. From this year Ian Stell is taking over the leadership. He is a Master Beekeeper who has kept...
- February 23 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm at Orpington Village Hall
2:30pm 3rd Winter Lecture: Dr Seirian Sumner – Wasps – why nobody loves them? 4:00pm 4th Winter Lecture: Dr Nick Isaac – State of Pollinators and other wildlife in the UK.
- February 28
Practical Assessments General Husbandry Certificate Honey Bee Breeding Advanced Husbandry Certificate excludes the Basic Certificate, which can be applied for through the branch/KBKA during the active season (April 2019 onwards)
- March 3 @ 10:30 am - 3:00 pm at Weald Memorial Hall
This course will be a very basic introduction to beekeeping. The purpose of the course is to introduce interested beginners to the responsibilities of beekeeping, the basic lifecycle and behaviour of honey bees, and...
- March 9 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm at Hall H2, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, CV8 2LG
The Bee Trade Exhibition
- March 19 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm at Weald Memorial Hall
Lecture by Peter Aldridge on the use of top bar hives, including a demonstration of the operation of this type of hive. This lecture is free and open to non members. Donation towards refreshments...
- March 19 @ 7:45 pm at Detling Village Hall
Branch Meeting with David Wood. *Updated 21/2/19, to change topic and speaker – the talk on Natural Beekeeping is no longer possible on this date due to unforseen circumstances.
- March 23
Exact times and locations will be arranged by each branch.
- March 30 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm at St Mary’s Hall
Historic BBKA films of past Beekeepers’ work shown by John Hendrie ‘Feeding your Bees’ talk by Margaret Murdin £5 entry
- May 18 @ 10:00 am - May 19 @ 4:00 pm at Bradbourne House, East Maling
A weekend course for beginners and those thinking of keeping bees The course will cover: Equipment and hives Bee handling Basic bee biology The beekeeping year with a focus on the practical aspects of...